RCU Forums - View Single Post - Steel Spur? How well does it go with other models?
Old 06-14-2014, 05:25 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your input guys!

Rob- I was just thinking about mentioning what you said in your last sentence while I was reading your post. Those 4WD setups are better IMO. As for the slipper pad setup, I have the old ST style top shaft and slipper setup still. I like it because if how many different spur options there are. It looks like the Nitro Evader ST spur would bolt right on like my current Robinison Racing 87T. (1887RRP) I know how those steel spurs are freaky loud (it sounds like stuff is grinding) and if I were to run one, I would have my slipper set to slip (A tight slip though). If I do a 32P Nitro ST spur I plan to lock it up good or possibly if I rethink it, I might do a little slip. I'm hoping it will fit under the gear cover because of the fact that it might chew up some stones if I leave it off, or I might try and mod the cover.

I'm not trying to bling this thing out. The steel spur would be completely for function. The sound of a steel spur (grinding) is not bling in my mind. Bling I believe should be smooth, functional, attractive looks, and well designed. CF stuff is cool too and in the right places can increase performance. Does anyone else have a different 32P plastic spur they would like to mention or know works well for a comparison to the Nitro ST one?