RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS Announce Gasoline Glow Plug Engine (Feb 2014)
Old 06-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by pilotpete2
In 1946, the introduction of the glow plug was a game changer. I doubt any of us would want to go back to the spark technology of that day
I have had a lot of enjoyment running a 15cc gas engine (EVO 15) At that size, I'll pay the weight penalty for the new style smaller ignition module and a Tech-Aero IBEC. Where I see a real advantage for this gas glow plug is in smaller displacement engines of 10cc and smaller.
Always nice to see new technologies coming out
Pete
I guess I have to agree regarding the smaller engines. But I see a down side to that also. The extremely critical fuel / air nature of gasoline compared to methanol based fuels would tend to make the already somewhat finicky small engines even more so. We have some excellent smaller glo engines and existing glo fuels are not overly expensive when you consider the reduced thirst of these smaller engines. Why work on gas conversions of these engines? The only thing you're really getting rid of is the glo mess at the expense of odor and reduced power. Also, are smaller engines really that popular these days? For anything under 40 size, its pretty much all electric around this area. Oh well, maybe I'm just being an old hard head.