RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMR 100" Twin 30cc powered kit
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 11:12 AM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hay Leroy,
Our runway is 600 ft.. with over runs that are huge. You have WWII revetments on the South West and West side of the field, and when the Kona's are blowing (pineapple express winds) you can get some real interesting landing conditions. A dead calm day is really unusual and most day's, flying is over by 10:00 am. Cross winds here are the norm and you either get used to the conditions or your not going to risk you model. I have a couple of models I'll fly in just about any winds that may develop...but ever so often you will lose one in the winds, or break a prop.

Today I actually finished the rudder and vertical fin. I needed to add the forward part of the vertical fin and the bottom piece to the rudder. After this was done...the fin was finished. Now on to the elevator...for real.

Thank you for your inputs on the instillation of Robart hinges. You nailed the way to never have an issue with misalignment. I'll be using your method on my ailerons and flaps... mine sucks and takes a bit of fiddling to get it right.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui

P.S. my signature logo comes from the CASBAR. To get into the CASBAR, you need to be invited and to have flown combat overseas in any of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	G.U.S.T. - 28 010.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	2006226   Click image for larger version

Name:	G.U.S.T. - 28 011.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	2006227   Click image for larger version

Name:	maui_rc_modelers_map.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	2006276  

Last edited by Bob Paris; 06-17-2014 at 01:09 PM.