RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rechargeable Batteries
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 08:49 AM
jkdv8
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nitro - guess I should of mentioned that. It is a 4-tec. It came stock with the usual 4AA battery holder and that barely fit in there. Spec on those are typically 2.25" (57mm) x 1.18" (30mm) x 1.11" (28mm). 5 cell hump pack of the 2/3A cells fits there with a lil room to spare.

You are probably thinking why such a big battery on a 4-Tec? Well it has led's with the tqi and sensors and was planning on adding more and a couple more accesories. Current draw now is stressing the battery when LEDs are running.

Thanks cumquat. I have been looking for a way to fit those. I think they are sub-c cells so they are a bit larger than the 2/3A. Wanted to keep the battery in the same place for weight distribution purpose and given there are not a lot of placement options.

Tank - those single cell Ni-Cd would be cost affective. Still only 1800 but I could build 2 packs for +-$15. Not a bad deal.

Collector - those are a good deal as well. 2 of those would be about the same as building 2 from the 1800's.

However i am really liking the idea of that LRP pack. Little bit more than I wanted to spend but would be worth it. Good thing about running that is the voltage on those stay constant through the whole runtime unlike the Ni-Cd and Ni-MH and the LiFe batteries recharge quicker. It may not fit though so that's another problem.

Appreciate the input guys.

Last edited by jkdv8; 06-20-2014 at 08:53 AM.