RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV
Old 06-21-2014, 08:09 PM
mnemennth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're not the only one. Some other users have reported issues with 3.1.4 and 3.1.5 unless they turn off like ALL logging.

Yeah, you're not going to be able to do a proper balance charge unless you completely bypass the dead cell. You need to apply charge current to the main leads and have the balance leads just do voltage measurement, unless you use one of those cheapie chargers that charge at like 300-500ma through the balance connector. Whether you can do that depends on which cell died. If it's 1 or 3, yeah, you can just cut off the main power leads and remove the balance lead for the affected cell. if it's cell 2, you're gonna have to cut the pack apart, and in some cases there's nothing to solder to because the tabs are aluminum and spot-welded to the tabs on the next cell.

Does the pack actually fit in the Taranis slot? I understand it came with a 6-cell NiMH pack and some common 3S/2200 packs don't fit... you may have to cut the pack apart and remove the dead cell for it to fit. Better to do so anyways; a dead cell is a safety hazard that I sure wouldn't want to leave in MY TX.

mnem
Log files won't sharpen your scissors.