RCU Forums - View Single Post - ~~SIG Brotherhood ~~
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 06:16 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Well if I had the pictures of the joiner box, I would show the failure, it had to be designed by someone, and since the side parts did not extend up and down to meet the sides of the main spars, its a design flaw. The Kit version is designed very well, the Arf was a goof since instead of a plywood joiner and epoxy assembly, they opted for an aluminum joiner and bolt on assembly. This is where the design was flawed and failed. The rest of the plane was really nicely built, and some of the ideas they used on it I incorporated into my build, like putting the elevator servo at the tail and using a pull-pull rudder control. If the wing hadn't failed it would still be flying today. I still have all the parts and pieces and someday plan to resurrect it in some fashion. Both wing panels survived from the third inner rib out, and the fuse is intact from the mid cockpit back. The tail is perfect, not a scratch. Maybe I will glue the two panels together making a shorter wing, shorten the fuse and make a stubby 2*120, and put a 30CC gasser on it. Put enough aileron and tail on it and make it 3D.