RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli 1/7 (120") B-25 B scale build
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 08:20 PM
rossmick

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Nacelle continue

Well it was way past due, and it is kind of like the rule in our college apartment which was 'when it get knee deep it was time to clean it up'. Now this applies to the workshop and it took all day, and then some, to get it cleaned up and back to some organization. Additionally, I finally got around to building the shop vac. manifold to hook up all the sanders and saws. The idea was to move the intake hose from one machine to the other - well you know how that went and there was sawdust everywhere and getting deeper by the day. Took another day, and two trips to Ace to get the PVC fittings and valves for all the different size hoses off the various machines. It wouldn't win a beauty contest, but it works fine. I have a remote that turns on the collector so it makes it easier to remember to turn it on as I go to the sanders or band saw/scroll saw. No excuse now not to get back to the B-25.

The nacelles - tedious is an understatement. Doing the stringers on the first nacelle boarders on painful, however, slowly but surely, it is coming together. It takes many clamps to hold the ends of the stringers, so you have wait for the glue to set before moving on to the next. The other nacelle should go much faster as I at least have good measurements to use to cut the slots.

Received the TBM Props and the proportional brake control and it maybe some time before I get to actually install them. Props look great, but the diameter of the shank that goes through the hub on some of the blades will have to sanded to make them fit. I got the drill guide from DA but I am not quite sure how to use it on the hub. I did watch the video but could use some advice.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	nac21.gif
Views:	1799
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	2008593   Click image for larger version

Name:	nac22.gif
Views:	1832
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	2008594   Click image for larger version

Name:	nac23.gif
Views:	1805
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	2008595   Click image for larger version

Name:	nac25.gif
Views:	1802
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	2008597   Click image for larger version

Name:	nac26.gif
Views:	1788
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	2008598   Click image for larger version

Name:	nac27.gif
Views:	1806
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	2008599  

Last edited by rossmick; 06-25-2014 at 11:30 AM.