RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV
Old 06-25-2014, 11:10 PM
mnemennth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ingleburn
Good thinking 99 I never thought of that.
The 9XR battery only has a JR connector for a charge lead but piggy backing a 2s balance lead on the 3s one saves me making a charge adapter up.
Now that Ive balanced my motors as well as the props on my frame mine is pretty much vibration free.
I've spent some time getting the hubs so they run true, and tape-balanced a set of props. Actually, from the feel of it, vibrations are not too bad. I've started on the APM setup; actually getting everything setup to fly. Radio configured with CPPM, b's APM in a case foam-taped to the chassis for a baseline IMU log, looks like I need to Recal the Compass to make it happy. Ghah... Toying with the idea of doing some testing with it tied to the bench if the wind and rain doesn't give me a break so I can wail on it in STAB mode.

I still haven't figured a good way to balance my motors; they have no external shaft, so not much to be able to balance on. But they sure seem pretty smooth, now that the hubs are centered. Maybe when I kill a motor I'll have an old spindle I can sacrifice to the job...

mnem
Missed it by THA-A-AT much.

Last edited by mnemennth; 06-26-2014 at 10:53 AM.