RCU Forums - View Single Post - First look at the upcoming tank film "Fury"
Old 06-26-2014, 10:01 AM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by rivetcounter
Pcomm, I’m English so wont stoop to your deluded level of insults.

Are you suggesting his score of “12 confirmed tank kills” is wrong?
No tank ace from any country has ever counted the dead it’s not practical getting out of your tank in the middle of a battle looking inside a tank that’s probably on fire counting, the only time I have ever read this was pools Hollywood script writer indeed tank aces don’t count soft skinned trucks as kills nor halftracks, I wonder just how many were bicycles and cars sounds like a fair number.

If you wish I can easily find you a number of fantasy websites claiming various exploits of Wittmann and Ernst Barkmann that are also not true, Wikipedia falsely claims Untersturmführer Martin Schroif has 161 kills when in fact it’s more 90 to 100.
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]It must really annoy you that there are a number of Russian tank Aces with higher kills than pool.[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Carful waving your flag Pcomm you have hit your head too many time for it to be healthy.
--

Well aren't you right in there with all the other mad dogs and poorly read Englishmen. Yes, I did refer to your WWII history writting as prattle from a Brit (Brit means English person) slanted WWII kraut (flag flying) lover, which is far less an insult than just fact. The Soviets mastered professional tank fighting and sustained massive casualties in their winning efforts during WWII. We respectfully honor them for their successful combat deaths during their many years engaged in deadly combat. I do enjoy modeling WWII Soviet Armor (building another JS-2 during the summer & fall) and using a Soviet tank to destroy as many RC Schicklgrubers as I can during infrared light beam fights (how about you) :

Still won't pay $9.75 to see the interesting Hollywood tank action movie though, if that is your problem I'll save 3 bucks and stick to my iPad. "White Tiger" was a pretty good film for tank fans, except for the allegorical theme and wacky mystical Tiger tank stuff.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	5-JS2_Crew.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	2008925   Click image for larger version

Name:	KV-1.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	2008926   Click image for larger version

Name:	KV-1_8.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	2008927  

Last edited by Pcomm1.v2; 06-26-2014 at 10:05 AM.