RCU Forums - View Single Post - HUNGARIAN AIR FORCE MIG-15 RED 047 MUSEUM SCALE 1/4
Old 06-26-2014, 03:42 PM
tobba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Kasper, how you doing? I thought of all you crazy lads seeing those images come through - looked like a great get together.

The Mig is an awesome kit for sure and Agoston has really done an amazing job - he really has raised the bar. There is still however a bit to do if you want to build a model ready for competition - hatches and internal control systems are just a starter for ten.

I'm buried in the Internal controls right now... not so easy to retrofit in to a fully composite kit, but coming together. I have just cut the top 1/3 off the fin for example... this was very scary but has made the elevator and dual rudder setup a whole lot more practical. This attachment point will be invisible at the end of the day.

I am planning a front access hatch as per the full size and trying to find away of re-fixing at least one of the others. The Mig-15 format does make hatch access really difficult and I can see exactly why Agoston has done what he has. Right back to BVM and Carf Mig days the problem is obvious.

As you say, maybe the underside - at least for engine access, is the way to a go.

Cheers Kasper!

Originally Posted by Carbon-Customs
i did study the 2 planes Roar had at the fyresdal event.

They Build quality is Mibo Like, that VERY good.

the look is great. but i REALLY HATE the 3 top hatches on the fuse, they really ruin it for me. like on the carf Mig-15

The model is not larger than it could be turned upside down for maintenance and installs - like the servo hatches on the fin.

i took a picture of the silver one...