RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMR 100" Twin 30cc powered kit
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 11:00 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Aloha,
I managed to finish the starboard elevator and now onto the port side. It took some fitting to get close enough for what I am looking for and now have the right half ready to cover. I drilled the holes for the Robart hinge's and glued that 3/8" sq. bass wood strip onto the horizontal stab. Tomorrow I'll finish gluing all the left side pieces onto that elevator and get it ready to cover. I also moved the 1/2" hole forward, to take up the added thickness of the 3/8" bass wood leading edge I added.

I also ordered two, FESTO, through the bulkhead, 3 mm metal fuel fittings, from Dream Works RC and two quick disconnect sets, with auto shut off-1/8" fittings, from Thunderbolt RC. These are the fittings that will allow me to run one 32 oz. fuel tank for both my EME 35's. I'll run fuel tubing through the wing, maybe... I also have a metal "T" fitting in house to split the fuel into two outlets and good Miracle fuel filters for each engine, that will be inside the fuselage. The fuel quick disconnects will allow for easy wing instillation and removal, with out it being a real hassle. I've a Miracle metal fuel over flow and fill station for the main fuel tank and I'll use yellow 1/8" gas fuel line. I'm debating to use 1/8" brass tubing to run in the wings, from the center wing section, to the nacelles. If I can get 3' long, 1/8" dia. tubing, I'll do it this way...but right now, I've found no local source for the tubing on island. Other wise, I'll just run yellow gas tubing through the wing, but to be honest...I'm not thrilled with yellow gas tubing. It gets hard over time, and I know of no other kind of tubing to use in the wing, other then brass tubing. A fuel leak in the wing would be a bit of work to fix and I do want just one fuel tank, on the CG, right now.

After I finish the elevators...I'll cover both the flight controls with Super Monokote and get all the radio gear and electronics into the fuselage. With this done...I'll be ready to cover the fuselage and begin building the wing jig. The kit comes with a full on wing jig for building the wings. So it will be warp free and much more simple to build up. We will see... how this goes.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	G.U.S.T. - 33 001.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	2009139   Click image for larger version

Name:	G.U.S.T. - 33 002.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	2009140   Click image for larger version

Name:	G.U.S.T. - 33 003.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	2009141   Click image for larger version

Name:	G.U.S.T. - 33 005.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	2009142  

Last edited by Bob Paris; 06-26-2014 at 11:10 PM.