RCU Forums - View Single Post - DERIVATIVE, New 2X2
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 04:32 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RonMcCormick
Interesting stuff Matt, the pull to canopy only occurs on vertical up lines?
Ron, actually the power on up line is fine. The issue (slight) is felt imediately following the half roll. My vectors are slightly off in the new configuration with wing 1" further aft. I'll work it back, But I wanted to capture the actions such that others might benefit.

It's obvious to me that the first model set-up with the DLE55 and forward wing position, albeit much heavier than now, was a much much better flying airplane. About as close to the best model I have ever flown as I have experienced. Dave Lockhart's Bravo a few years ago was another really memorable plane.

Soooooo, I will be rebuilding a new, lighter stab as a pull-pull set-up, removing the twin servos from the tail and removing about 4 ounces overall from thetail too. That should allow me to bring the wing back to it's forward location. That will mean a longer tail with it's groovier, more directionally stable character. And at just an ounce or two over 10 pounds, it will fly even better than before.

Rather than foan cores I decided to use the foam as a template in Bob Hunt's lost foam technique.