RCU Forums - View Single Post - SR X250 saga
Thread: SR X250 saga
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 08:35 AM
zeroback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I finally had the opportunity to maiden the new X250. Any test that comes back in operable condition is a success although there is some tweaking needed. First taxi and range test went well and the ground handling was excellent considering the 000000 grit sandpaper runway. A WOT burst and it was in the air in 15ft or so Set the throttle to about 65% and trimmed the elevator and aileron. It settled right in. Then I flipped on the gyro and the plane started having spasms which at the time I couldn't identify what was going on so I flipped it off. I left it alone for the second flight. I checked the settings at preflight on batt.3 and discovered I had the rudder backwards and obviously way to much gain. The third take was aborted when the direct drive steering servo failed and it plowed the prop as it made a hard left resulting in some minor wing tip scraps and a need for a new prop. The Kv of this motor is on the light side for this prop. After a few more flights with different props for data purposes, I'll give this motor a proper wind.

Last edited by zeroback; 07-02-2014 at 07:32 AM.