RCU Forums - View Single Post - Quad Pilot Stands Up To Police
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 01:38 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Eddie could have picked up and fought the battle later at a common council meeting or some forum publicly.fortnuatey the conversation remained calm and civil.my issue with these toys is that in a public space there is a potential for injury of innocent bystanders trying to exercise their right to enjoy the park.regardless of whether or not it's a quad copter or a help or park flyer with others in the same space remotely or not a potential for personal injury exists.confrontations like this will eventually make city leaders change or a mend public policy.cbs did a piece on drones or what they infer as drones.while corrected Morey Schaffer showing his ignorance still chose to refer to quads as drones.i am afraid you are going to see more backlash than acceptance.personally I wouldn't like any aircraft flying or hovering around me if I was enjoying a picnic or family outing .every space has its limits .to say pilots of drones quads or whatever are a majority is stupid. Don't make this incident more than it should be.there will plenty of debates .some will compromise and others will prohibit them.best to educate and show these are relatively safe.a prop rotating at thousands of ram s is a potential injury.think about public Safety first and your self second.