RCU Forums - View Single Post - Quad Pilot Stands Up To Police
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 04:12 AM
CRX Turbines

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It covers you if you have permission from the land owner, corporation, whoever. With parks you are talking about state, town or county agencies so people might not know what the legalities are until you have a mishap and need to file a claim. Here (NYS) you technically have to have a permit to fly RC in a state park. So if there are no complaints people fly. If there is a mishap and no permit, I think you might be in unsafe waters. This is basically why a lot of people will say keep it safe and fly at an AMA sanctioned field. Unless you are flying on your own property, you are subject to the landowners rules and governances. You can call AMA and ask them this yourself. I think they will tell you the same thing. Actually contact your homeowners as they are the ones that will cover any mishap. AMA is secondary to whatever insurance you carry on your home.

Originally Posted by airzona
Although I do agree with this guy and his rights, does the AMA cover us flying anything not at a specific AMA flying field? Who is responsible for any damages to person or property if this thing hits something or someone? I personally don't wanna be responsible for damages or medical bills because I hit something or someone because I was too lazy to drive to my club. That said, i would fly a small electric with in reason at a empty park, not a busy one with lots of traffic.
if common sense was common, it would just be called sense.

Last edited by CRX Turbines; 06-29-2014 at 04:15 AM.