RCU Forums - View Single Post - Quad Pilot Stands Up To Police
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 04:46 AM
CRX Turbines

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a mishap at one point.. tip stalled a plane and paid the consequences. No written permission to be flying where I was and there is a deductible on most insurance policies. This one cost me 520 bucks. My homeowners has a 500 deductible so if you are flying somewhere that is not AMA sanctioned or your own property, make sure you have permission in writing because when lawsuits and insurance claims start to happen people very quickly forget your name or telling you on the phone that you have their blessings to fly.

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Thanks for agreeing with the guy standing up for his rights....that's what this is really about.
As mentioned the AMA will cover you at a park (backyard, parking lot, etc..)in the event of an accident but it will be secondary to your personal liability insurance(homeowners, etc) provided you were operating the craft in a safe manner per AMA guidelines .
If you don't have liability insurance or are an AMA member and are flying ,driving,floating,anything radio controlled you will be on the hook for all damages, lawsuits, etc...that occur if you cause an accident.