RCU Forums - View Single Post - Quad Pilot Stands Up To Police
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 09:03 AM
loopdeeloop
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, all rc aircraft ARE dangerous. This is why preaching safety is so important for folks getting into this hobby and for those who feel whatever they do in this sport should be of no concern to anyone else. Anyone who has never been struck by a prop is about to. Anyone who has never crashed an aircraft is about to. Anyone that has never seen a LiPo fire needs to "read". Anyone that has never seen an engine chuck a prop on a starting stand has not been paying attention to the sounds around them. Anyone who has ever seen an aircraft in flight spit a prop off probably may not see that happen soon. I saw it happen just a couple weeks ago. The prop with spinner attached landed in a vacant area of the pits. I found it when mowing and we spent a long while looking for it after the incident -- and yes, the area in which we were looking as far from the actual landing spot. Accidental starting of electric airplanes resulted in my club changing its rules on arming them and working on them. I have remnants of an electric prop embedded in the case seam of my Futaba 7C transmitter that happened to be sitting on a table where a small foamy was being worked on by a relatively new member. The accidental start caused the model to hit my transmitter. Another piece of the prop missed my back by inches and penetrated the safety fence landing at the feet of six spectators who happened to be friends of mine, including my wife and daughter. The only injury, fortunately, was the foamy pilots pride. It's obvious in this thread that some folks simply have the feeling that just because it's not illegal, it's ok. Yeah, I know, the typical response is "that incident will never happen to me!" Then when it does, the response is "I never dreamed this could happen!"