RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 08:34 PM
jetpoweredmonkey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, I'm working on another big Saito twin, a nice score from the RC Universe classifieds. This one is an FA-300T, single updraft carb, it looks like it has very little time on it and the outside cleaned up like new. However, it has a nasty squeak when you turn it over. I removed the intake and the rear cover bolts. Now that the rear cover can spin, the squeak is gone and it turns over more smoothly, so I guess the rear bearing is bad. I oiled it up really well through the crankcase breather nipple, and pulled off the valve covers to oil up the rockers and down the pushrod tubes, but it still squeaked.

Is there any way to get the rear cover off without dismantling the whole engine and pushing the crankshaft out with the rear bearing still attached? I was hoping I could get away with just replacing that one bearing if the others aren't rusty. I tried heating up the rear cover pretty well but maybe not well enough, it's not coming off that bearing with gentle persuasion (i.e. no hammers and no screwdrivers jammed in between the back cover and crankcase!).

Thanks guys for any help.