RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cox TD .010 Ply Rolled Fuselage 3Ch Speeder
Old 07-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Pond Skipper

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yea I have the .061 it required a few rich tanks of all caster blend to break in and come alive they just don't scream like a TD but will make good torque. I have read the .030 will put out about the same power as a .020 with torque again being the advantage over a drop in rpm. Having a RC carb and muffler was why I bought the engine perhaps may make a great sports engine for acro flying if tapped for pressure with a clunk tank.

Lol I tried it without a check valve and the nipple being bored to used as a muffler tap was causing the engine to run rich also thought perhaps with a fuel tank I was back feeding fuel into the crank so tried a check valve and the pressure was too much so looks like the only fix is to source a small nipple with a pinhole with no check valve or leave the nipple alone or fill it up with epoxy with a oiled soaked needle in the center and wiggle it out after its set enough to maintain form orrrr a bit of aluminum tube inline with the pressure line to crimp down to reduce the pressure to just enough to help push fuel when flopping about. With a .020 it doesn't take much tank pressure at all to motivate steady fuel flow in the air. Cafeenmans idea with a rod would work if I had a small enough drill bit ok just remembered I have some red plastic tube from a WD40 can that uses a pinhole size extension will try putting that inline tonight no tube crimping needed or buying another nipple.

Thanks gents you all made me think