RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cox TD .010 Ply Rolled Fuselage 3Ch Speeder
Old 07-02-2014, 03:08 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For the Tee Dee .049 backplate pressure, we used a pressure fitting soldered right up closed, with a piece of wire going through. The wire was waxed or oiled so it could be removed easily. The rule of the time was the same size wire as you would fly with. (control line) I used .009" in the TD and .015" in the Rossi/Supertiger .15's for Goodyear. I had/have about a mile of .009" wire. Maybe .006" would be suitable for your .020 or .010 TD. The pressure regulator sounds like a nice device. I think there was a guy flying combat on the weekend from Detroit I believe, with one of those. Wonder where you get them, or how to make them. Maybe they are the same as the RC ones, Cline or Perry or whatever? I have never seen anyone use one here for rc that I am aware of. Nevertheless, if the motor works fine on suction, I would just use that. If the carb is bored out way too much to run on suction, then pressure is needed. Otherwise it is just a source of problems from air leaks or bladders blowing up in your face. A limp balloon tank may work too on suction.