RCU Forums - View Single Post - ~~Sig Kadet Brotherhood~~.
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 07:18 PM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TomCrump
My Kadet Senior is almost ready to maiden. Trouble with the onboard glow batteries prevented it from happening today.
Yeah, that's one beautiful plane. She's gonna be just fine. Y'know, I've occasionally contemplated onboard glow but was never really sure enough it would help without messing with the radio. I fly 72MHz only - any problems, any time?

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Congratulations to both of you on your anniversaries! The wife and I hit 35 back on Memorial Day. Getting married on the memorial Day weekend gave the family time to travel and made the anniversary easy to remember!
Aw, I've got all y'all beat with the anniversary date - 21 June 69 - and before any of you dirty old men comment, yeah, I know.

Now, we got married in Syracuse NY and headed right to my next USAF assignment in Anchorage AK (Elmendorf AFB). First anniversary has actually turned out to be the one we both remember the best, and have always had the most laughs over. If you've ever been to Anchorage, you know that the city sits at sea level. Our apartment sat at 500' above sea level and we decided to have a candle-light dinner on the mountain-top (something around 4000'), at midnight, on the 21st.

June 21st is the longest day of the year.

In Anchorage, that means the mountain top sees the sun 24 hours/day.

So, we sat on the mountain at midnight, toasting our "lower-48" stupidity, and reading a newspaper with no lighting necessary. Candles, to this day, still sit in the box with the original seal intact.

Sheesh!

BUT IT WAS HUGE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by skylark-flier; 07-02-2014 at 07:29 PM.