RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club letter to local airports within five miles
Old 07-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To Mr. Matt and Thomas B:
I had many years working with FAA and other government. Reading and really learning the FAA's written words was, some years ago, very much part of my work.
Looking back and rereading the information several times, I still think that FAA is simply saying if any RC group fails to treat the FAA as the ultimate boss then that group of modelers could be in serious trouble, thus creating serious problems for ALL RC groups.

Whether you think that FAA is or is not boss of the airways, well take your choice but they ARE whether you like it or not. All they need is a bit of bowing down to them, and before flying in the 5 mile space, SIMPLY ASK IF ALL IS OK TODAY or maybe even tomorrow. If you don't and the "president" is coming into your area, well you are going to stir up some really- bad for you. Your choice!

In government there is simply nothing like ASKING PERMISSION. Now I will not state just how one ultimately asks "permission" yet I have been there and done that. So you vote as you wish. Again I am sure my name will never appear on any AMA Ballot. Maybe you might ask your DVP to see the letter that he already has, much more than the official "Resume". The one submitted to DVPs ahead of time was called "The RESUME in STORY Time".
AMA is as afraid for me being on that Ex. VP ballot, with a possibility of winning, as you are of the FAA.

Last edited by Hossfly; 07-03-2014 at 07:43 AM. Reason: wrong words. Change AMA to FAA