RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMR 100" Twin 30cc powered kit
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hay Leroy,
Oh boy...I just received the 1/8", "through the bulkhead" brass fuel fittings and 3' lengths of 1/8" brass tubing. The 32 oz Roto center fuel tank has a fitting for 1/8" and I have read where 1/8" is large enough for engines up to 100cc. I have no personal knowledge of this at all and what really to do-so I figured I would use 1/8" tubing. I've never run a twin engine model of off just one fuel tank before either. Folks have said that this has been done and no big deal with gas fueled pressure carburetors...but to be honest...I really don't know how this combination will work. I also purchased quick disconnects w/auto shut off, for 1/8" tubing.

I purchased 1/8" bendable soft brass to make a 90 deg. turn from the wing into the nacelle and planned on ending up in the center of the nacelle with a hard line, for the fuel. I've round grommets to slide the fuel tubing into, through the wing and into the nacelle. This should handle any vibration issues with the fuel lines and I've brass tube barbs to solder onto the lines too. I may put a header tank into the nacelle and I do have two 4 oz. fuel tanks on hand for this if I decide to go this route. I'll know more as I build out the wing and nacelles and see how I will work this out.

Yes the nacelles look large enough for 16 oz. tanks and the room for all the ignition system. I have two batteries that will go into the nacelle, one 2000mha for the ignition and a 3200mha 3s 60C Lipo, for the auto start. It will also have the electric start electronics box, engine kill switch, two servo's, electronic tach, auto start arming switch, Miracle on/off switch for the ignition battery and if I go with a header tank, a fuel button. I may have a fuel button on the nacelle anyway, with or with out the header tank. I may start fueling the main fuel tank from each nacelle first, to run fuel into the system from the engines. Then top the main fuel tank from a closer fuselage fuel button, each time I fuel the model. I have a good quality aluminum "T" for the main fuel tank, and that will feed into the bulkhead mounted, through fittings. The only thing I'm not happy with is with the fuel tubing. All I can get is the yellow tubing here...and I know there is better fuel tubing to use, because this stuff in one season gets hard. A more flex able tubing would be nice...that stayed soft for several seasons. That is why I am running brass tubing down through the wing. If I used the yellow gas tubing I get here, I know it would fail within a couple of years.

The only real down side of living in an island...is that I must mail order everything I need...before I need it. Hobby goodies can take anywhere from five days to three months to get here...toss a coin and hope for the best. You can go Fed-X or UPS...but you will pay through the nose for shipping. Shipping an ARF can cost as much as the ARF itself...or at the least 1/2 its cost. For me...kits are the only way to go now.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

I finished the horizontal stabilizer and elevator and just minor finish sanding to get it ready to cover. I ended up putting in a bass wood 3/8" sq. leading edge on the stab. It stiffened up the leading edge and with one this size, I will need the protection this will give me.

Tomorrow I will take the fuselage down and set up the removable elevator. After I do this, I will cover the fin and stab, and mount all my fuselage electronics and systems. Then, I'll start the wing.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	G.U.S.T. - 35 001.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	2011068   Click image for larger version

Name:	G.U.S.T. - 35 004.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	2011069   Click image for larger version

Name:	G.U.S.T. - 35 006.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	2011070   Click image for larger version

Name:	G.U.S.T. - 35 007.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	2011071   Click image for larger version

Name:	G.U.S.T. - 35 010.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	2011072   Click image for larger version

Name:	G.U.S.T. - 35 014.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	2011073  

Last edited by Bob Paris; 07-02-2014 at 08:36 PM.