RCU Forums - View Single Post - Freekin government banning "DRONES" in national parks
Old 07-03-2014, 08:57 AM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=GerKonig;11834760]
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Yes , like drivers actually having to open up and read a road atlas or city map !

Trust me, IF the GPS system goes down, it would cripple entire weapons systems, not to mention communications, navegation, etc.:-) The GPS system was NOT created just for drivers (or walkers)... Take my word for it, it will never happen. And remember, all governments have the correction they need to hit the nail on the head using the GPS system. So, no, not a good idea.

I used to fly RC gliders (using a high start) in a park close to my place (Core Creek Park, Bucks County), I never had a problem, until one day I tried to fly an OS powered Eaglet. Got kicked out in an instant.

So, I do not believe you can just go to a park and fly (at least in my experience). Years back doing research while attempting to get a permit to fly at a park, I found out which was the deadliest activity at the parks (at the national level): bicycle riding:-)

I am 64 years old, and I really believe that when the creator handed out common sense, our country got severely shortchanged...

Gerry
GPS can be selectively disabled, preventing civilian use but still fully operational for military purposes.

However doing so would cripple commercial aviation in many parts of the world as there are hundreds of airports that rely purely on GPS based instrument approaches and most of the airspace structure in Europe and across the North Atlantic now relies heavily on the accuracy afforded by GPS.

Among other things like shipping and perhaps numerous industries that rely on GPS every day.

Last edited by Rob2160; 07-03-2014 at 09:05 AM.