RCU Forums - View Single Post - T18E2 Boarhound WIP
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dgsselkirk
Thanks Rex, I should have been a little clearer, I have been modding tanks for 40 years so no issue there. I am just new to 1/16th RC.
I meant more to take on an RC armoured car. I am thinking Puma and full IR... not quite as many rivets and bolts as your Boarhound! LOL!

Are you going to try a surfacer application for the casting? I'll be interested to see what you decide on a "finished" piece.

Make it easy shoot the video and upload to Youtube and just put the link here. :-)
~~~~~~~~

Do an R/C full I/R Puma .... Please !! ..... I did one a long time ago and have always regretted it is just static. I have experimented with doing a cast surface by painting a section and sprinkling very fine sand on it while it is still wet. The process isn't quite that simple but it works for me with a little bit of luck. Experimenting with textured spray paint by spraying it into a cup and then painting it on with a brush worked out pretty good on a test piece. Whatever texturing I do has to avoid the smooth rolled steel parts and details.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P2140006.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	2011254   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2203.JPG
Views:	333
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	2011255