RCU Forums - View Single Post - Freekin government banning "DRONES" in national parks
Old 07-04-2014, 06:13 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I try to no longer get irritated when the gov makes some stupid decision. I realize that those in charge live in a different world for the other 95% of the population. When the people making the laws don't have to worry about money, health care, housing, and so on....how can they make good laws for the rest of us. And to top that off, they are generally motivated by the people/org who helped them get their positions. It is a joke really. The idea of how the gov was supposed to work makes some sense, but them money got thrown into the mix.
Id love to see congress members and the president live off of 50k a year. Then you would see them make some very different laws.

And as mentioned, media tends to play a large part. And who has a bigger budget to promote their views threw the media? Well it certainly isn't those of us in favor of not banning RC planes and helicopter!

I like the point from the OP, that a small plane can be banned from a park....but not always a person next to you smoking. But who has people to lobby? The cig companies...not the RC companies.
Laws get made in favor of those with money. It is sad, but true.

Let us just hope that "national parks" are as far as this goes. I can slightly understand this ban from one angle....national parks are supposed to be for their beauty. But if they ban from all parks, ball fields, play grounds ect we will be screwed.

The other sad truth is that while all of us use our planes or helicopters for fun, it wouldn't take much for someone evil to use one to deliver a small bomb or something like that. I have seen some $300 planes that can carry several pounds of payload. Those were used to carry nice cameras, but that wont stop someone for using it to hurt others. Frankly, I am surprised it hasn't happened yet. Lets hope it doesn't, cause that would be all the gov would need to go ban crazy on us. LIKE A BAN IS GOING TO STOP THE BAD PEOPLE!