RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club letter to local airports within five miles
Old 07-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ira d
RC has been operating at are close to airports for years with no conflict,
Heck, ira d, I have been in this world for 78 years and 4+ months. I flew 1:1 scale airplanes for 41 of those years. Would that mean I would never have
any accident? Well way back there I got ahead a bit and I did pancake one into the brush. I was not hurt but airplane suffered some hurt. Still I never wished to try
it again. Hey, Man, where was that letter when I needed it? OH Shucks, I wasn't using RC, just DRATS!

Like I said I don't think the airports would want every flyer that shows up at the site to call them when a letter to the airport
will do. And what about non towered airports? Also who makes the call if you are inside the five mile zone? It seems there are more questions than answers at this point.
O.K. ira d. Have it your way. However for your personal information, check out this AMA Information that has been available for a long time.

www.modelaircraft.org/files/540-D.pdf AMA wrote it long before these current "problems" surfaced which mostly concerns the "Gladiators" with their drones.

A. General General paragraphs 7, 8, and 11 are definitely in accord with what I believe. B. Spotters, all 4 items should, IMO, be in the mind of any person flying RC at any and all times.