RCU Forums - View Single Post - SR X250 saga
Thread: SR X250 saga
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 02:11 PM
zeroback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by klord125
The Contender is a great flying plane. Mine is glow powered with a plain FP60. I did the modifications that others have done on here. changed the rudder shape for more area below the thrust line and built it with the upswept wing tips. Really fun airplane.. That's my .02
The Contender kit I have mentions the optional wing tip but I didn't see any rudder mods mentioned. I'll have to look that up. Did you install the center flap? I bought the Contender and a Great Planes 60 Extra 300 with the intentions of utilizing some of the 20 or so glow engines (.010 to .70 ) I have inherited. After inspecting and oiling up the engines I'm having second thoughts. I love the smell and sound of a nitro burner but I hate the taste of caster oil and the clean up. Most of the engines are OS's although there is an almost new looking Rossi .60 and an Enya .60 with a diesel head. Converting them to electric is a big task as well as the one lunger airframes are unnecessarily heavy for electric. I have all the support equipment probably needs new batteries. Hmmm.