RCU Forums - View Single Post - Did The Club members bring this FAA stuff on themselves?
Old 07-05-2014, 08:07 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by DISCUS54
It is getting to the point that I would find it surprising that anyone would obey the laws that restrict them. Our government is suppose to enforce law...all law, so by only enforcing laws that are politically beneficial to them they open the door for citizens to do the same...don't they?
Originally Posted by GerKonig
No, because you cannot use on your defense "my friend parked here, in front of this no park sign, and he was no towed". So if you think the door is open, or look open, assume that for you, it is not. Otherwise you might get hurt (hurt=fined)

Gerry

It is because the "LAW" only goes after those that have money. No money, no profit for the Government, "LAW" not enforced. No money for the Lawyers, so "LAW" not created. We have a huge homeless issue here in St. Pete downtown. Yet, they are allowed to break the "Law" and sleep in the parks, trash our city with disposable trash and beer cans, and other crazy laws that have been passed to make a "Civilized Society". Instead, the police force sets up speed traps in school zones to collect the $600 ticket that goes with the stop. And, yes, I do agree that our children need protected in school zones, but when 25+ get pulled over that morning, the city goes cha-ching!! The older that I become, the more that I come to feel that we are not truly free in this country. I have seen more and more "LAWs" passed due to crazy groups. To give an example, when I turned 18, I was still allowed to drink "High Proof" liquor, in 1978. Now, due to MADD, an 18-20 year old MAN/WOMAN can go off to die for our country in the name of Freedom, yet, before they go off to make this ultimate FREEDOM sacrifice for their family and country, they can't go into any bar in the good ole' USA, and order a shot of anything!! Pathetic!! Then, we lost approximately 6500 service men/women in yet another Middle East conflict, and these young people paid that sacrifice, and yes, a lot were under 21. Plus the other 25,000 plus injured. I feel for them and their families, and thankful that we still have young people that are willing to do that for us. I did try to serve in the AF, and was medically discharged. Our Family has paid, especially my Mother being there for my Younger Militarily Diagnosed schizophrenic Brother . YET!! In 2010, do any of you know off of the top of your head how many GUN deaths are "accepted as normal" in the GREAT Ole ' USA????? 31,000 +- a few!! They aren't all drug related. 11,000 or so, where suicides, the other 20,000 some where homicides. WE have become numb to this number as an accepted loss. I myself would have killed when I was in my thirties, had there been a gun in the house. Thankfully not. Truly wasn't worth it, but anger does push the buttons. And, half of you truly know that feeling....
I could go on with other things, like what we are allowed or NOT allowed to park in our driveways,boats, campers, work trucks, if our lawn is cut to the proper length, if our house is painted, if we have to pick up dog-*****, yet a cat can spray my front door and truck tires, and no one complains. I could go on, but if you are 50+, I think most of you can and will relate to this observation.
On the "Fireworks" video......since you posted it, it will also help it go viral, thus the owner will be paid by Utube. I guess the other question to that issue, is: My videos are for my entertainment, but I have them turn on to do advertisement, and get paid a small percentage of a penny by the advertiser for this privilege of theirs to post their advertisement with my video. Is that now a "Commercial Activity" by the FAA? Guess that could be a whole new subject. All of this is IMHO as I grow older.

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 07-06-2014 at 02:47 AM.