RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 P-51 60cc
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 06:19 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 354 Likes on 284 Posts

My first impression, it flys like my old Satio 100 powered Miss America, smooth, stable, and predictable. The stock retracts on the Miss A wobbled terribly side to side, not this baby, the E-Flite retracts are rock solid. Landing is as easy as any large sport plane with the flaps. I did have one surprise, the flaps required no elevator compensation. Slowed to 2 seconds they look great and are very effective.

The 62 ZP popped in a few flips and was running w/o touching the needles in a few more, though it needs almost half throttle to get running while flipping, but thats not even two full tanks through. Idle is great.

DX-18QQ/ AR 1220 power safe DSMX rx with 12 channels in use (4 wings, 2 ele, 1 rud, 1 thro, 1 landing gear, 1 optical kill, 1 light kit, and 1 channel for 2 daisy chained E-Flite servoless payload drops for the drop tanks)
Falcon 22x10 beechwood with the optional aluminum spinner, fit w/o any cutting.

Landing gear are uber cool. Gear doors and gear all plug into the gear box which has a plug-in programming box like the heli flybarless controllers. The machined wheels are fantastic, Goodyear scale tires and all. Pricey but ohhh my....they are sweet.

Look for the exclusive review in Fly RC Magazine