RCU Forums - View Single Post - ~~Sig Kadet Brotherhood~~.
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 09:40 PM
BigTeeEldorado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
The tricky part is that the LT has a sticky rudder and is setup with long throws, so my turns were a little on the steep side. I am just grateful they were in the neutral position when they came unplugged. My LT can turn inside itself, 10 foot loops is what it looks like, It will also to outside loops, though those are rather large so I make sure I am high enough, but my favorite one is my ribbon loop, If I had smoke on it they would look just like those ribbon stickers you see for breast cancer or some other cause.
Took off one time with my Kadet and seconds after liftoff realized I had no ailerons. Said something like "Crap...got no ailerons!". Everybody is yelling advice, "Just land straight ahead!!!" "throttle back" "it's your failsafe". I said....."relax, I got this".... Came back around and made a normal landing.

If I had not said something no one would have ever known I plugged the servo wire in backwards cause the Kadet flies perfectly fine without ailerons.

Our other favorite thing to do with the Kadet is get it up in the wind. Out here where we fly there are few obstructions and we get nice straight consistent winds about mid morning on some days. It is a standing challenge when the wind comes up to try to land moving backwards. Outside of the little electric profiles, my Kadet is the only plane to accomplish it

http://youtu.be/7DHRD6qmT5o