RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 11:41 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by cumquat
i've decided i'm going to do it. as soon as i get about $150 i'm going to order some steel to make an all steel evader.
"all steel"....chassis? How thick of steel are you gonna use?

I'd love to see ya make it happen[laughing]...that's what she said.

Yeah, I wish I had access to some sort of fabrication machinery. I would love to make some steel rear arm suspension mounts for the Evader ST Pros.

Back in the day, my one buddy raced strictly dirt oval modifieds. He took a STOP sign; cut it, and drilled all these holes in it (to make it lighter i guess) and mounted a Kyosho Raider gearbox and suspension/steering to the hacked-up Stop sign. That thing would just stick to the inside of the track while others were trying to straighten themselves out with so much power and speed. One driver at a time he would pass; making his way to the leader, and wining almost every heat/main. Everyone was in such disbelief when my buddy would pop off the body. You would hear, "What the !?"... or..."What contraption is THAT?" I never got tired of seeing people's reactions every week.

I think my buddy is the one who came up with the saying, "If it aint broke, leave it alone." That Raider gearbox had an opening on it that my buddy dumped whatever lube he had on hand into it...Vaseline...black grease, chunks of Chap Stick (original black label)....I laughed so hard one night he whips out a tub of Crisco!

Sorry I got off topic...back to TEC....Steelvader.