RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Issues "Interpretation of the special rule for model aircraft"
Old 07-06-2014, 05:10 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Top_Gunn
Have you checked the FAA's website to see whether there are other airports within five miles of your field? Until I checked, I would have bet that there were only two airports in the county where I live. There are thirteen. And, in a way, it is "accidental" that you have a good relationship with your airport. All it takes is one unreasonable owner, or an owner who doesn't want to be bothered with being pestered with notifications, and you're done.
Only one airport within 5 miles, another within 10 miles, last one is 22 miles. There are some private strips and ag utility strips outside the 5 mile radius to 20 miles. Certainly a change of FBO at the closest airport could change things. However we have an affiliate club outside any airport 5 mile radius where we can fly at any time. Many locals are members of both clubs.

We are blessed with a lot of open farmland in our valley and friendly farmers that own it.