RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Issues "Interpretation of the special rule for model aircraft"
Old 07-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dick T.
I'm not understanding, within this thread, where the FAA is backpedaling, however the current administration certainly leads the way in government agencies not following the law!
HA, HA, HA. That one sentence certainly provides one great big insight to many things that are now happening all around us. Love it!

Since I am trying to get on the ballot for AMA Executive Vice President, I am supposed to be very cautious and only state things in AMA's behalf.
I have a problem with doing that because if I wanted to be a spokesman for AMA's current doctrine, I would see no need to become the EVP.
AMA already has a dozen of those folks.

Now to my statement here concerning model airplane airports. Fellows, it is time that RC people band together and learn to obtain flying facilities for their
own use, and with no airports in their area. Lease, purchase, and/or rent land. Get into areas considerably out from places where developments are fast encroaching.

It can be done. 18 years ago, my main club had lost its field after 4 moves over about 8 years. Getting kicked out again, they were in some deep stuff. Well I and a couple other guys (BTW I was rather new in the club then) searched for some land. We found a place that was 100 acres +/-, 1500 ft by 3000 feet. with roads on two ends. The owner was into some small developments. He wanted to sell this one, so I wrote him a check for less than what he wanted but he took it and then with some help, and the sales part was completed, we were on the property and in 3 days we had a flying field.
There are some small problems every so often,but now the club (www.jetero.com) has a good facility on 50 acres with 1500 ft highway frontage. I sold off over time the other 50 acres to farmers of a kind and I have my money back. Runway, overfly land, 5000 sq. feet of metal shed on steel posts over concrete, air-conditioned kitchen and sitting room, indoor toilets, full electricity, and our own water-well supply.
IT CAN BE DONE! Get off your "behinders" and build yourselves a flying field outside the darn FAA's 5 miles, and keep AMA's insurance program but do your thing on your own call.
Now if you want a friendly person on that AMA Executive Council, then call your AMA District DVP and tell him that you want Horrace Cain on that EC Ballot which happens this July 19th, like next week. It will not be there if you don't want it to because those top guys definitely do not want Horrace Cain there. Kind of like when it looked like RC was about to drop dead in 1980-81, Dist VI VP Horrace Cain came through with the plan that allowed the Frequency Chairman to negotiate with the FCC individuals in the manner that they understood (green) and in two weeks the Allotted 72 mhz. frequencies were handed to AMA. Some things just come easy when things are DONE!