RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Issues "Interpretation of the special rule for model aircraft"
Old 07-07-2014, 03:25 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an antedotal comment to all this.......i was in my local ho by shop over the weekend as I enteredI caught site of a small white quad copter take off in the parking lot.when I got to the counter several people were laughing at the Samsung tv and i realized they were remotely controlling the quad copter around the neighborhood outside the store.the copter was 269. The cam and other accessory an antennae I think each cost 80. They flew to different areas and had fun.but it struck me that these tiny machines have the potential to entertain or be exploited I am likely old school and have embraced technology for my profession and sometimes home and hobby.you can't stop what is taking place but I am fearful that politicians and local leaders will be forced to impose or try to anyway limits to protect privacy and public safety.i worry that it doesn't infringe on my hobby flying rc planes something I have enjoyed over 36 years.