RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF FW190 GIANT ARF
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 06:02 PM
BearBow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I'm officially a part of this thread now....the Sierra retracts and tailwheel, etc., are on the way...got the last Saito 84cc Radial fm Chief, it's here tomorrow, and ordered 11 Savox servos....Have been a die hard HiTec fan, but unless you get the $180 93xx Brushless series, which are awesome, I'm just tired of noise and centering issues, and pricing....a brushless Savox is $75 to $85 cheaper, and more torque....I'll see if I like them, but decided to try them.
I'm going to use a Spektrum 12 ch Failsafe, an IBEC for only 2 batteries, maybe a Booma RC touchpad on/off switch, under the hatch, and basically looking for any advice as i go....I'll read through this so I don't ask questions already covered, but like the comments on the baffling....those looked great for the Saito. Any discussions on the mod to mount the Sierra's....seems like a fairly straightforward modification to the ribs to mount the mains. Also, anyone here use the Sierra tailwheel retract vice the Robart....I'm going to use the Sierra for Scale looks and quality. Also, I see the kit fuel tank is a close fit. Those of you that have the Saito did you use the fuel tank in the kit, or something else? Is the 16oz enough for a 10min flight, or what, using the Saito 84 Radial? Thanks much,
Retired Navy Pilot.