RCU Forums - View Single Post - Larger Revolver
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 05:19 PM
mach2
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teckbot
Nice work! I like the hinging. My question or concern to you would be CG related. Would not having two servos way back there not affect in a negative way? I have a three servos (center) setup in mine with a DLE20 in the front and it balances perfect without any lead. Having the servos - as light as they are - in the back would necessitate counter balance in the front?
Just asking..
Im one who's found that I like the CG a little further back. I ran my LiFe pack as far back as possible (behind all the servos, under the rods running to the rudder and elevators) to get the CG around 6.25-6.5". I found that it still flies rock solid but has better slow flight and slower landings. On my second Rev I had a smoke system that put the weight around 11.5 pounds! Talk about a porker! I used the large fuel tank for my smoke oil and ran something like an 8 or 10oz tank for the fuel so I had enough smoke for the whole flight. Anyway, it still flew very well (even slow!). This plane simply has a superb wing on it.

So, to answer your question, I plan on moving my battery up onto the engine box and see where that gets me. Im shooting for 6.25" again and I may move it back more and try and find a more perfect CG. I have a feeling that 6.5 to 6.75" may be the perfect balance between performance and solid/stable flight. This plane's design seems to make it inherently stable, so CG changes dont seem to effect it as much as other aerobatic aircraft.

With more throw on this one, I'm wanting to get a much flatter spin out of it. I love doing blenders and ending up with a super flat spin! Flying the Edge makes me want to push the limits on the Revolver now.

Last edited by mach2; 07-09-2014 at 07:07 PM.