RCU Forums - View Single Post - Larger Revolver
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 04:43 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Bill,
A week maybe, but hopefully no more than 2? Depends on the honey do list (I won't even get into that) and how much time I'm allowed to keep it on the front burner.

Brown truck stopped out front today, and this smallish woman UPS driver dragged this largish box into the garage for me. She's an RC nut too. She saw it was from Tower Hobbies and had to give me a rash over it when she found out it was a "replacement" rather than an "addition".... Sheesh! Can't get away with anything around here...

Bill, thinking you have a 70" and the big Rev. Which do you fly more?

I ask because I was out playing with an 10cc Evo baby gasser again today. It's installed in a 58" 6.5 lb Yak. Great performance including unlimited vertical. Engine getting some time on it now, starting to feel solid, to the point needle adjustments aren't being used much any more. Haven't had it long. Maybe 15-20 flights on it, so still getting it dialed in.At this point it's close to "on par" with the Rev handling but much more nervous/twitchy, plus it's still got a major dose of wing rock when slowed down. Still, with a little (lot?) more tweaking, I can see this thing becoming as addictive as the Revolver. I bring this up because I haven't flown either of my 30cc planes (80" Katana and Giant Sportster) in 2 years now? These smaller planes are so much easier to handle/transport, well, the love is gone regarding the bigger planes?
-Al

Last edited by ahicks; 07-11-2014 at 04:45 PM.