RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bud Nosen Mr. mulligan
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 04:42 AM
stevegauth30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it's been a slow start. Not a whole lot of time left to work in the shop after work and the stuff that needs to get done to the house before it sells.also, got some stick time in yesterday. It was very windy, but I'm starting to like windy flying more and more. Not that I like it, just don't mind it as much. I had the field to myself. As for Mr M. , it's starting to take shape. The little bit of time I have got in the shop has been spent re- making all the horribly die smashed parts. For the fire wall, in the end I just ended up driving to my LHS and paying for a piece of 1/4 inch 5 ply birch. Redicously overpriced. But I wanted it now, so I paid it. For now, everything is just clamped together for a mock up. Once I have the other side cabin framed up and everything fits nicely, I'll glue it all together. I must say, the quality of this kit is quite poor. For example, a piece of ply that was supposed to be 1/8x3 5/8x11 was 1/8x3 3/8 x10 3/4 and way out of square to boot. I'm seeing why none were ever finished on either of these sites. No one wanted to take the time to cut there own kit when they just bought one. Certainly not a beginners build. I only hope I can hack it. I'll be making some modifications to the landing gear area for strength. I think I came up with a good way. Well see.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	2013711   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	2013712