RCU Forums - View Single Post - Freekin government banning "DRONES" in national parks
Old 07-13-2014, 09:23 PM
opwan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by madmorgan
ponder this for a moment ehh. how much do the camera and gimbal setups weigh ? how long can say a dji phantom fly with the cameras that come with them.? remove camera and gimbal replace them with same amount of c4 say for instance 1 pound. 1 pound can do a ton of damage ehh. with gps and fpv a terrorist could easily bomb any place and be far away enough to not really be noticed. is it bs yes and no ! also i noticed a guy on hf with gps etc setup on his 600 or 700 heli the thing was high in the air. what happens when someone isnt thinking about where they are flying and what they are near. maybe a small private airfield that little cessnas fly in and out of. what happens if that quad or bigger hits the cessna?? i bet it wouldnt be pretty. seeing what a bird can do to bigger jet planes. its all what ifs. but what if it happens?
what if, what if, what if. What if you drove out of your driveway one morning and a garbage truck doesn't see you and you don't see him....what if. I'm sure the Taliban will be using Phantoms instead of the RPG Launches and guided missiles they already have. What happens when that pot finding copter that the National Guard uses, looses control and slams into my house at 500 feet? Ehh?