RCU Forums - View Single Post - T18E2 Boarhound WIP
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's my textured finish that is supposed to look like a sand casting..........

Uhhhhh ...... sometimes things don't turn out like I think they should. That is true of this Boarhound project..... (that is also true of my financial investments and my love life, but I don't want to talk about those two disasters right now)...........

This cast hull method turned out to be a big goof up. The sand cast texture of my turret looks more like it was done in a gravel mold than a sand mold. But I think I have discovered a way to build paper model tanks that look like they are cut out of medium grade sandpaper. Yes!!! Positive thinking is the answer to screwing up !!!! ..... Hey ..... I think that qualifies me to run for a political office !!!!

I removed the paint and sand coating from the turret by soaking it in mineral spirits (enamel paint thinner), It was easily removed from the resin and plastic with a tooth brush after 24 hours. No big damage to anything. Now I can redo the finish and I hope I do it right next time.

I set this project aside for awhile and I hope to get back to finishing the Boarhound soon.

If I don't do it right, I'm gonna build a diorama, set fire to the boarhound, and pretend it was a battle field Molotov cocktail casualty.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2211.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	2014999   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2212.JPG
Views:	387
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	2015000   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2220.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	1.38 MB