RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli 1/7 (120") B-25 B scale build
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 06:02 PM
tevans55

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Ross-
Gen. Doolittle would have been proud of this build! Sorry again for the late reply...yes the brake valve you have works like an anti-lock brake and releases air during the braking process. The more you apply the brake the less the air is released.

As I have built 2 Doolittle replicas (neither as nice as yours) I have studied the raid and the planes a lot over the past five years. As far as I have been able to determine the B model had navigation lights on the top and bottom of each wing tip panel. Other than the landing lights there were three blue position/identification lights located in the top center of the fuselage between the top turret and the leading edge of the stab. Much later beginning with the B-25G the wing nav lights were replaced with a single light on the edge of the wing tip. I believe from photos that there were lights on the outside of each vertical stab but I don't know if that is part of the B version or not. Three identification lights first appeared under the right wing tip on the B-25C and B-25D and they remained a standard feature for all subsequent variants. I have seen quotes in several publications that the B-25 was the most field modified plane used in WWII. To that end there may have been some lighting variations but as far as I have been able to find these were the only lights on the 120 B-25B models. Hope this helps.

Tim

Last edited by tevans55; 07-19-2014 at 06:11 PM.