RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 09:22 PM
icekreme1002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's our pair

Parts are mixed up now but one was SS kit, one a RTR. The beetle has the RTR vapor ESC and 4000kv motor, gladiators, SS shocks, 60t spur and 26t pinion. Rear diff has 500k oil, front 300k, slipper is tight as possible. The shocks have been tuned and tuned again and it will only just wheelie on a full 2s 40c 5800mah battery. This is the best one to drive.

The other truck has a mamba max pro with the 3800kv 4 pole, proline powerstrokes and badlands. I haven't been able to get this combo working anywhere near as well as the the beetle setup. Pretty sure its the increased height and IMO not as capable shocks causing problems. Currently the diffs, spur and slipper is the same and pinion is 24t. It wheelies like crazy. Fun yes, but not as fun as the VW.

PS, something that will significantly effect your wheelies is the level of droop and dampening in your shocks. The beetle shocks (ss kit shocks) are easy to setup and I have mine so it droops around 40%ish of the full travel. This way I have lots of up and down movement and when you punch the throttle the car is in a much better position to put the power down instead of just flipping back. I haven't been able to get the powerstokes anywhere near as plush yet though :-(. So maybe you have your shocks tuned too well? lol. Try tightening them up and if it still wont wheelie its likely the slipper or 2 pole or what seems like a pretty weak ESC as others have said. Good luck :-)

Last edited by icekreme1002; 07-20-2014 at 09:33 PM.