RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli 1/7 (120") B-25 B scale build
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 10:55 PM
rossmick

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Tevans55
--------------
Thanks for the kind words on the build. I appreciate the info on the lighting. I hope to find some real engr. drawings of the B model, maybe wishful thinking, but I will try and supplement your information.

Bentwings
---------------

You never have to worry about giving too much information as I will take all I can get. I have followed you on the TF 60" Corsair build that has been running for years and I have always found your replies very helpful.

Great info on building techniques, and I will incorporate as much of them as I can. I will put the photos of my version of the tail section on tomorrow. I think most will find it interesting as the tail is removable to get to the embedded servos and hidden linkage for elevators and rudders.

Great analysis of the crash, it is really too bad that the plane was lost. Single engine operation is really difficult to deal with. Makes me think that there was not enough rudder available to offset the adverse yaw. I flew the F4 in the USAF and the MD80 for TWA and American, and even with both engines almost centerline when one quit you needed plenty of rudder to keep it straight especially with the F4 in full afterburner. I see that the plane rolled in to the dead engine and once you get that roll started it is almost impossible to stop it. I got the latest version of Real Flight (7.2) just because it did have the B25 on it and I set it up to give unannounced engine failure. Although not perfect, the simulator does give me some good practice and recognition of what happens on loss of an engine. One of my RC club members lost his 80" B25 to a broken throttle linkage where one engine went full throttle and he turned in to the slower engine and again it just started rolling and he could not stop it. (Number one rule - Maintain aircraft control by never turning in to the dead engine and get the power back on the good engine)

I am really interested in the scale exhaust you built, if you could provide more info on that I would really appreciate it - maybe as many photos as you can spare.

Thanks again.