RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC. Turbine Water Crash
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 05:54 AM
bw5493
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dr. Honda,
Sorry, I disagree. You can get used airframes and perform repairs etc, or engines that are out of date and in good shape and fly on the cheap that way. However where I disagree is, if you fire up a turbine that has been in a pretty good impact, then submerged in cold water after an emergency shutdown..you ARE violating the Rules set forth by AMA, as I posted earlier..period, end of story. You therefore can and should have your waiver temporarily suspended if that is the case, and if continued, revoked. You are putting an unknown engine and everyone around you at risk. You are in essence flying a test bed every time you flip the switch. You cant tell me what stresses where put on that engine in the rapid cool down, you cant tell me something inside was not compromised, until its torn down, inspected, you absolutely cannot! You therefore have no certainty that that engine is safe to run. You are then violating your turbine waiver. If God forbid, something happens, AMA and your insurance company is not going to cover you at all.
Sorry it sucks, but you know I am right!