RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC. Turbine Water Crash
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 06:02 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnMac
Melnickj has the right idea to flush the electronics with distilled water before powering up again. Pure water doesn't conduct electricity, it's the impurities in water that do. So as the lake water dries out it is a lottery as to whether or not it deposits some particles of conductive miners in the wrong place. Throughly rinse in distilled water and then throughly dry. When you think you have blown it dry it still won't be so leave it some warm and dry for a few days to be sure. You could be lucky, but it could already have been fried. Persnally I have had good results using this method.
John
Is jeopardizing a $6000 dollar or more aircraft, Not to mention peoples safety, really worth skipping a good factory check out? I think NOT. Bad Things have a way of manifesting them selves at the most inopportune time. Besides if something were to occur that endangered or caused a fatality or injury after posting here, Well I wouldn't want that on my conscience,and face the Liability, to say the least.