RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pica & Ikon N'wst laser-cut kits coming back with Kickstarter campaign
Old 07-23-2014, 10:41 AM
pilotdude57

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LarsL
As I mentioned in the other thread that apparently has been deleted, Adrian had over a good many years (at least 10+), built up a successful resume/history of designing model airplanes and delivering quality flying kits to customers. He has been doing a great job of tranparently comunicating the progress of his campaign such as letting us know the status of the laser and getting in the wood. That said, I'd also say that his past success history has given him leeway in kicking off the campaign without have all of the timing details laid out for us to see. Again, he has built up that trust.

This is the key difference between what he is in the process of doing and what you are attempting to do. The fact of the matter is that you don't have that history or reputation and I'm not trying to be negative towards you in saying so. There is no real point in debating here on RCU as the results will bear out in the success or failure of your Kickstarter campaign.

It is a very competitive arena you are getting into. Good luck.

Lars
If you read my bio and qualifications on the Kickstarter campaign that should tell you that I know how to produce model airplane kits, as I have been in R/C since the 70s.