RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pica & Ikon N'wst laser-cut kits coming back with Kickstarter campaign
Old 07-23-2014, 11:59 AM
clandestoy
My Feedback: (112)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pilotdude57,

Aaron's reasons for not continuing the line are his and not a topic for discussion on this or any forum. Why you decide to bring up personal information on someone you do not even know does not do much to support your purported portrayal as a serious and honorable business man. As I mentioned before, anyone doing a search on RCU's site can come up with the information you have stated. That said, it is not really a topic that you or anyone should be bringing up, and while he may have lived in Spokane at one time, he hasn't for quite some time now.

I know for a fact that you have NEVER spoken to him regarding his kits - EVER.

While you may think that re-sizing or re-purposing someone else's design will limit your legal liability, try re-sizing Mickey Mouse and releasing it with a new color scheme, or try blowing up a Bob Violet Models design and release it as a kit to see how far you get. I have done quite a bit of research on patents,copyrights and trademarks and can guarantee you that a good lawyer in that field will get the owner of the material a good outcome.

As for his contact info, he knows you exist and will reach out to you if he sees it fit. He has stayed out of the industry for his own reasons and I am sure he will re-introduce himself when he sees it fit to do so.