RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCGF Engines
Thread: RCGF Engines
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Captmicom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Irocbsa,

Hey man none taken. Thanks for your thoughts on the pricing subject. Yes I understand there were problems early on. There was some bad product out for a while. In my nine years of buying and using RCGF engines direct from the factory, I have flown some 60+ of them and the only things I have had happen is a bearing seal let loose in one of my 32cc engines after flying for almost a year. The other was in my 100cc YAK that we flew for two seasons. I was talked out of it and the new owner lost the rod bearings because he was mixing 100/1 on his gas and oil. As for my pricing, I am told by the factory what I should price my engines at + or - 5%. I understand that there were some fire sales out there for a while. At this time Until I have the factory here I will sell based on what I am told. What do you think will happen to the price when we go from 50 units at a time to say 10,000 units at a time. Once I can offer factory direct pricing then you might change your mind about the price. If the DLE gives you the power you need to fly your plane then by all means buy the DLE. I find the DLE with a Hobby Giant behind it to give you the most bang for your buck at this time. I have tested both side by side as requested by some of my local customers and for those of us wanting the most power per cc we take the RCGF hands down even though it costs a bit more. These are just my thoughts and not meant in any way to offend anyone either. Thanks Again,