RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ailerons twiching on idle
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 01:08 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CARS II
The Aileron servos are carbonite and they have been removed ( today ) they feel like there is sand in them, i will replace them with metal ones, pull pull yes,not sure if metal ( will have to check ) when I get the new metal servos I will cut the lead and add a twisted lead long enough to reach the center of the wing.
Karbonite servos and gassers don't mix. Hitec states not to use Karbonite servos with gassers, and not to use them in heavy models.

Even if the servos are not the cause of your problems, I suggest that you replace them with metal geared versions.

I'm in agreement that you should dump the opto kill switch, and I like the idea of grounding the ignition box. Make sure that you spark plug cap fits securely. Metall pull/pull cables can kill you. The throttle push rod, should be non metal. I use nyrod. These things keep me relatively trouble free, and may help you to be the same.

If it were me, I would not make sweeping changes. I'd try one thing at a time, testing after each change. That way, when the problem goes away, you'll know what it was.

Last edited by TomCrump; 07-28-2014 at 01:13 AM.